I have made another attempt to explain the truth in simple English in Plain Truths blog. Some of the readers suggested me to provide some scriptural statements supporting these posts. So, I have written Yoga Vedanta blog that gives references to the words of Lord.

I am currently studying Yoga VaasishTa and make few posts to the blog on wordpress.

Monday, October 1, 2007

Nobel Doubts

The following are the doubts raised by the greatest seeker Arjuna (Nara) to the Lord Sri Krishna (Narayana) – the best possible teacher. For any of these doubts one can consult the divine song Srimad Bhagavad Gita. The Key question is "Who am I and Why am I doing this?"

  1. I am confused, why should I fight? Why not should I renounce the action and become a Sanyasi? 1:29-46
  2. I am not sure what is right action and what is wrong. Why should I get involved in this action (fight)? 2:4-8
  3. How a realized person behaves? Look? 2:54
  4. When Knowledge is superior to Action, why should I get involved in Action? 3:1,2
  5. What makes a man commit sin? 3:36
  6. How Krishna (God) can teach the Yoga to Vivaswan? 4:4
  7. Which one is superior? Renunciation or yoga of action? 5:1
  8. Mind is very difficult to control and not sure how to control the mind that goes like wind? 6:33,34
  9. If one is not successful on the path of yoga what will happen to him/her? 6:37-39
  10. What is Brahma? What is Adhyatma? Adhibhuta? Adhideva? And Adhiyagna? What is karma? 8:1,2
  11. Everything is Brahma – Tell more about your power of yoga 10:12-18
  12. I am disillusioned – heard and comprehended your glory. Can you show the infinite form (viswarupa)? 11:1-4
  13. Your form is good as well as terrible. I want to know your origin and your purpose. Please tell. 11:15-31
  14. Please show your pleasing form. Sorry for all the mistakes done and silly questions to you. 11:35-46
  15. I have regained my normal self by seeing your normal form. Thanks 11:51
  16. Which type of devotion is best with form or formless? 12:1
  17. I want to know about prakriti purusha kshetra and kshetragna - Beginning of 13 chapter. (some editions do not have this verse)
  18. What are the qualities of one who as risen above the three qualities (satwa, raja and tama) 14:21
  19. How to classify the ones who do not follow the scriptural instructions? (To raise above the qualities and scriptures and being bound by the injunctions) – how is it possible? 17:1
  20. Tell me more about renunciation of action and renunciation of fruit of action. 18:1
  21. I am completely clear and my delusion is disappeared. I am ready to be the best instrument to you. 18:73

No comments: